Candid Conversations : Female Patients and Sexual Health
This announcement has 1 attachment:
A UCF Faculty member, Dr. Rufus Barfield, is conducting research on improvement of communication skills of nurse practitioners and other health professionals. As part of this study he and a colleague are presenting a FREE workshop which will focus on "Candid Conversations: Talking with Female Patients about Sexual Health".
Workshop information form
This is not a medical communication therapy workshop that will help the healthcare practitioners treat a medical disease of their female patient(s). This is a communication skills workshop that will help healthcare practitioners (MD, DO, APRN, PA) hone their communication skills raising and addressing issues around female sexual health.
- Saturday, November 5, 2011 from 10:00am—1:00pm
- Communication Building, University of Central Florida, Nicholson School of Communication, Conference Room #228
- An independent educational grant from, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Institute for Healthcare Communication
- University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine
- University of Central Florida, Nicholson School of Communication
Deadline for Responding
- October 17, 2011
- Send completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell phone: 407-435-7462
The granting agency requests that potential workshop applicants know that a final decision will be made on or about October 21, 2011as to whether or not this site will be selected to host/conduct the pilot workshop. All applicants will be notified by Dr. Rufus L. Barfield II, no later than October 25, 2011 of the granting agency’s decision.